Add your feedback here:

Please restore the option for 'standard pdf' in the old article view.

I find the 'enhanced pdf' a nuisance. I prefer to read articles as regular pdf. Can you restore direct access to standard pdf in the old article view?
I have no comment on the enhanced HTML.

161 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MBKMBK shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CTCCTC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a link to the PDF would be preferable. PDF allows for more accurate citation of page numbers, etc. The enhanced HTML is OK, but my patrons prefer to download a PDF please.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The enhanced version itself is really quite good, while it seems the conncections are partly related with something like google or facebook, unfortunately, such things are blocked in some countries, so it really sucks when one downloads the papers through the enhanced version in those places.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. My connection doesn't load the enhanced view, so for every article, I have to let the connection "try" before being given the option to open the standard pdf.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. Reasons are:
        (1) It takes time (about 5 seconds on average!) to load an enhanced PDF file. This means that it takes 5 seconds to be able to start reading.
        (2) When I scroll pages, it takes time to display figures on newly scrolled pages.

(I mistakenly pressed the "Flag idea as inappropriate" link because I didn't understand the meaning this link. Please unflag it!)

Feedback and Knowledge Base